Since 2016, The Pipeline has conducted research annually into the FTSE 350 to analyse the state of gender diversity at executive and board level.
The Women Count series is the only study which reviews the role, value and number of women executives in the FTSE 350. The data was gathered through a mixed-methods approach examining company websites, annual and other reports and direct contact with companies.
• Profit margins are almost double in companies with at least 25% females on their Executive Committee compared to those with none
• If all the FTSE 350 companies performed at the same level as those with at least 25% women on their Executive Committee, the impact could be £5bn gender dividend for Corporate UK
The percentage of women on FTSE 350 Executive Committees remains at 16%
Female CEOs have:
• Almost twice the number of women on their Executive Committee
• Over three times the number of female executives in P&L roles on their Executive Committee
• More than twice as many female executives on their main plc board
• Only 35% of FTSE 350 women executives are in P&L roles
• 60% of women on Executive Committees in the FTSE 350 hold functional roles, such as HR, marketing, legal or compliance