McKinsey found that the senior management teams of global companies with three or more women had a higher firm performance, on average, than teams with no women. They also identified that companies in the top quartile for gender diversity are 15 percent more likely to have higher financial returns. Yet even if companies do want to increase their women in senior roles, nearly half of female executives feel a lack of role models holds them back and reduces their willingness to go for promotion.
‘Top Flight’ addresses this gap, by helping women with potential take that last difficult step to Executive CEO and Executive Committee role. We advise organisations to begin at this senior level because women will not strive for promotion or remain if they do not see other women making it to the top.
“I found the content to be thought-provoking and extremely relevant, offering a balance of academia, case-studies and personal insight… I will continue to advocate future participation in the programme for other senior women in my organisation.’”
- 2018 programme will be six sessions on the following dates:
16 – 18 January
20 – 22 March
15 – 17 May
3 – 5 July
18 – 20 September
6 – 8 November
Central London, residential
£27,500 + VAT
Guest speakers include Sir Stuart Rose, Gail Rebuck, Gerry Grimstone, Sir Terry Leahy, Andy Haldane and Sir Mike Rake. To read more about our speakers click here.
Peer support from fellow participants is another important factor in the programme’s success. Participants report that the camaraderie within a group of high calibre businesswomen is powerful and motivating.
Top Flight is muscular and designed to be undertaken whilst participants remain at work where they can incorporate their new found knowledge into their day-to-day lives. Participants join us for one year, kicking off in January, and are introduced to thought provoking group sessions led by inspirational business leaders. They also experience one-to-one coaching and career planning sessions. Top Flight is demonstrably successful with many participants achieving in-year promotions. We advise organisations to begin at this senior level because women will not strive for promotion or remain if they do not see other women making it to the top.
Participants are from FTSE 100 organisations or equivalent and are ordinarily one or two roles below Executive Committee. This is an exceptional programme with a maximum of twenty-two participants across all sectors and functions creating a fantastic network for the long term. Typically they work for large corporates in P&L and functional roles such as legal, marketing, finance, risk, financial crime, underwriting, HR, regulation, customer experience, digital and IT, as well as MDs of business units or heads of product lines. We also include two women from Whitehall that the civil service hopes will make it to Permanent Secretary level.
- Better business results with greater gender diversity
- Increased female retention through better all-round relationships
- Rapid promotion with stronger, confident women
- Improved organisational performance as participants apply insights gained from contributors and peers
- Increased employer attraction to millennials and Generation Z seeking greater gender diversity
- Wider pool of female role models to inspire and sponsor more junior women
- Unrivalled faculty in an intimate setting with access to FTSE 100 CEOs, Chairs and other high achievers
- Unique mix of rigorous research, practical application and personalised roadmaps
- Led by women with successful careers bringing their experience of how to overcome the barriers women face
- Establishment of great network and ongoing support to sustain new behaviours
Before the course begins there is a one-to-one assessment of each individual, within her organisational context, to fully understand her requirements. Progress is reviewed over the year so that each individual finishes feeling strong and confident about the skills she has acquired and ready to make a success of the new challenge in her life.